We have made the difficult decision to move the VHF Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk to a virtual only opportunity. Given current COVID-19 transmission rates in Virginia and CDC and VDH guidance regarding the risk of in-person events VHF has decided to shift this event to a virtual platform for the health and safety of our community members.
We are excited for the opportunity to celebrate with all of our teams and sponsors on Zoom at 1 pm on Sunday October 17th!
We have continuously been inspired by the resilience and ability to connect in the virtual space of our community members. We are excited to see all of our teams and sponsors for an opening session and pinwheel ceremony, to connect with our sponsors, and to celebrate the bleeding disorders community united from the safety of their own homes.
- Our participants are encouraged to walk a mile in their neighborhood!
- All teams that are registered by Thursday October 7th, will receive a walk box with all the supplies you need for an at-home walk experience, including t-shirts for any participants that raised $25 or more. Please make plans to distribute these materials to your team members before walk day!
- Those who go above and beyond on fundraising will find the following incentives in your team captain box: $25 Raised = T-Shirt, $250 Raised = Mug, $500 Raised = Factor Club Medal, $1,000 Raised = Tech Pack. Please note: Incentives based on donations received by October 7th.
PLUS register and raise or donate $100 in new donations in September and get entered to win a $50 gift card to Sheetz! Join Us and Start Your Team Today!
We hope you will join us on Zoom on October 17th, because this event is about more than just fundraising. This is a day where our community and everyone who supports it can come together, even when apart, to celebrate each other and support each other!
UNITE WALK VIRTUAL PROGRAM AGENDA
- 1:00 pm: Welcome & Roll Call
- 1:10 pm: Sponsor Recognition
- 1:15 pm: Entertainment with Jonathan the Juggler
- 1:35 pm: Team Awards
- 1:55 pm: Closing Remarks, Pinwheel Ceremony and Start Your Walk!
For more information contact Megan Schowengerdt at 804-740-8643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.