March is Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month
Join us for a season of showing support and raising awareness for all bleeding disorders!
March is Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month (BDAM) and a great time to show support and raise awareness for the bleeding disorders community. Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month was approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as a National Health Observance in March 2016 and in March 2019, Virginia officially designated March as Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month too! This month aims to bring together people with inherited bleeding disorders to raise awareness of these rare conditions and their potential challenges.
Throughout this BDAM season we will be focusing our fundraising efforts on our scholarship program which includes our Lyman Fisher Scholarship, travel grants for national meetings (via our Terry Lamb Enrichment Scholarship), and our Terry Lamb Enrichment Scholarship – with the goal of continuing our recent efforts of awarding more than 2 Lyman Fisher Scholarships to qualified applicants and hopes of sending more than 10 families to the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) Bleeding Disorders Conference in Washington DC in August 2023!
With your help our goal is to raise at least $6,000 from our amazing community of donors, constituents and supporters! When you make a donation to VHF, 100% of your gift stays local in support of YOUR community.
Throughout the month of March and up until World Hemophilia Day on April 17th VHF will offer numerous opportunities to come together for education, to raise awareness, and to fundraise on behalf of our amazing bleeding disorders community! Ways you can show support and raise awareness during this Bleeding Disorders Awareness Season:
- Make a one time donation to VHF or Join our monthly giving program – The Hope Society at ANY amount (even $20 a month!)
- Spread awareness by sharing our Facebook posts during March and/or starting your own Facebook Fundraiser to benefit VHF and our community of those living with inherited bleeding disorders!
- Buy a t-shirt! VHF has partnered with Bonfire to create a limited edition t-shirt in honor of bleeding disorders awareness month and a portion of the proceeds will go directly to VHF.
- Attend an event – go here to learn more.
- To celebrate the end of this season of gathering, giving, and raising awareness we invite you to join us at our Bleeding Disorders Awareness Education Celebration At The Virginia Zoo on Sunday, May 7th!
When you support and fundraise for VHF you help us to educate, advocate, build community, and empower those impacted by an inherited bleeding disorder. So, join us in helping make a real impact so that our community members can lead long, productive, and healthy lives. For more information contact Kelly Waters at 804-740-8643 or email@example.com.
Check out the Calendar
Download these useful documents:
Become a Sponsor
Contact Kelly Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-740-8643 for more information.