Volunteers are the “lifeblood” of any non-profit organization – ours included. They are the people who step forward to work at events, sit on committees, and volunteer to serve on our board of directors.
To learn more about volunteering with Virginia Hemophilia Foundation (VHF):
- Fill out our online volunteer application
- Visit our Volunteer Match page to see upcoming volunteer opportunities
- If you have questions contact Megan Schowengerdt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-740-8643
Assist at an Event
VHF events and programs require the help of volunteers to run smoothly. Jobs include: un-load, set-up, registration and check-in, picture taking, clean up, and more! Training and previous experience is not a requirement, but good communication, being a team player, organizational skills and reliability is a must.
Serve on a Committee
Committees are small work-groups with a particular focus that meet a few times a year (typically via conference call or Zoom meetings). Committees work together and present their findings and recommendations to the board of directors.
Examples of Committees
- Advocacy Committee
- Program Committee
- Unite Walk Fundraiser Committee
- Red Tie Soiree Live and Silent Auction Fundraiser Committee
Serve on the Board of Directors
The board of directors is the governing body of VHF. Board members meet periodically to discuss and vote on the affairs of the organization, to support the work of VHF, and to provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Regularly attend board and committee meetings, as well as board retreats.
- Represent VHF in the community.
- Be informed about VHF’s mission, policies, programs, activities and services.
- Serve on committees and be willing to support and assist with special assignments.
- Attend and participate in special events and programs as needed.
- Make a personal financial contribution.
- Generate additional donations to VHF through private solicitations or fundraising events.