VHF/HACA Virtual Men’s Health & Wellness Retreat
November 6 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In partnership with the Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area (HACA), we are offering a virtual Men’s Health & Wellness Retreat!
Participants will enjoy meaningful education and time to gather and share with other people who encounter similar challenges. This retreat is free and open to men age 21 and up with inherited bleeding disorders and/or to men whose lives are impacted by a bleeding disorder (i.e. caregivers, spouses, immediate family members).
What to Expect:
- Interactive fun-filled music trivia with Shelby Smoak, Ph.D., Advocate & Education Specialist, Biomatrix.
- Hints and recommendations for living a healthier lifestyle and ideas for home fitness with Zack Bordone, PTA, CSCS, PN, National Wellness Director, DrugCo Health.
- Tech neck and lower back pain remedies, office ergonomics, quick information about KT tape, nutrition and supplements to make you feel your best.
- Cooking demonstration with Mike Hargett – a professional chef, double transplant recipient, and person with hemophilia who lives by the mantra that his conditions don’t define him; he defines them.
- You will learn how to make “Sexy Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Peppers” – a healthy, weeknight meal and how to put together your own Italian spice blend from scratch!
- HFA Rap Session
Please RSVP by October 29th so that VHF can send the recipe and ingredients list ahead of time along with an Amazon gift card so you can purchase what you need. Thanks to Colburn-Keenan Foundation for sponsoring this piece of the event.
Thank you to our generous sponsors: BioMarin, BioMatrix, CSL Behring, DrugCo Health, Genentech, Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA), Novo Nordisk, and Takeda
As we gather virtually to discuss, share and learn, we ask that all Virginia Hemophilia Foundation (VHF) virtual program participants be thoughtful in their interactions and follow video meeting etiquette and rules of engagement. Disruptions to a session may lead to the removal and/or disabling of the participant’s video and microphone for part of or for the entire session. Thank you for helping VHF ensure a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. Go here to read video meeting etiquette and rules of engagement.