- This event has passed.
HACA/VHF Teen Advocacy Weekend
August 3, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - August 5, 2018 @ 11:00 am
Advocacy, Education, and Community Building in the Nation’s Capital! A unique opportunity to spend time at the Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA) office, meet one-on-one with legislative staff and young professionals in the public sector, and take a guided tour of the capitol. Go behind the scenes of the political process and learn that YOUR voice matters.
Teen advocacy weekend is open to:
Teens age 13 and older with inherited bleeding disorders, their teen siblings, and teens of parents with an inherited bleeding disorder that reside within the Virginia Hemophilia Foundation (VHF) or Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area (HACA) coverage area.
Overnight accommodations will be provided Friday, August 3rd and/or Saturday, August 4th at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001. If overnight accommodations are selected then one parent/caregiver is required to stay overnight with their teen.
There is no fee to attend but you will be responsible for all parking costs. Space is limited so get registered today!
Friday, August 3rd
- City Sights DC Night Bus Tour at 7:30 pm (This tour is optional and open to the entire family, if a teen RSVP’s for this tour then at least one parent and/or caregiver must attend)
Saturday, August 4th
- Educational sessions at the Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA) office (Teens Only)
- Informal discussions with HFA interns and young professionals in the public service sector (Teens Only)
- Guided tour of the Capitol (Teens Only)
- Educational Dinner for the Entire Family (Location TBD) (This dinner is open to the entire family)
Sunday, August 5th
- Time to explore DC on your own! (No meals or programs will be offered)
Thank you to our “Teen Advocacy Weekend” sponsors Bayer, Bioverativ, Genentech, Hemophilia Federation of America, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer, and Shire.