Volunteers are the “lifeblood” of any non-profit organization – ours included. They are the people who step forward to work at events, sit on committees, and volunteer to serve on our board of directors.
To learn more about volunteering with VHF:
- Fill out a volunteer application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to VHF 410 N. Ridge Rd., Suite 215, Richmond, VA 23229
- Visit our Volunteer Match page to see upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Scroll down to learn more about serving on a committee and/or the board of directors and contact Megan Schowengerdt at email@example.com or 804-740-8643 for more information on how to get involved
Assist at an Event
Virginia Hemophilia Foundation (VHF) events and programs require the help of volunteers to run smoothly. Jobs include: un-load, set-up, registration and check-in, picture taking, clean up, and more! Training and previous experience is not a requirement, but good communication, being a team player, organizational skills and reliability is a must.
Write an Article for our Facts N’ Factors Newsletter
We are always looking for submissions to our newsletter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Serve on a Committee
Committees are small workgroups with a particular focus that meet a few times a year (typically via conference call). Committees work together and present their findings and recommendations to the board of directors.
Examples of Committees
- Advocacy Work Group
- Program Comittee
- Development Committee
- Unite Walk Committee
- Red Tie Spring Fundraiser Committee
Serve on the Board of Directors
The board of directors is the governing body of VHF. Board members meet periodically to discuss and vote on the affairs of the organization, to support the work of VHF, and to provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Regularly attend board and committee meetings, as well as board retreats.
- Represent VHF in the community.
- Be informed about VHF’s mission, policies, programs, activities and services.
- Serve on committees and be willing to support and assist with special assignments.
- Attend and participate in special events and programs as needed.
- Make a personal financial contribution.
- Generate additional donations to VHF through private solicitations or fundraising events.