Community Retreat at Great Wolf Lodge
September 15 - September 16
The VHF bleeding disorders community retreat is a social and educational gathering that occurs at Great Wolf Lodge Water Park. This event brings together the Virginia inherited bleeding disorders community and is an excellent opportunity for fun, networking, support, and increasing knowledge. This weekend is open to individuals with an inherited bleeding disorder and their immediate family and/or household members. Overnight accommodations are provided at Great Wolf Lodge and entrance to the water park is included in your stay.
- Access to the water park Saturday and Sunday.
- Educational program for all ages and dinner starting at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Registration for this event will close on August 8th.
- Registrants place/number on the RSVP list will be determined by our Program Guidelines
- This event is open to all ages and is no longer just for families with children under 18.
- There is a $25 fee to attend, you will be asked to pay once you receive a spot at the event.
To Be Eligible For a Spot You Must Meet ALL of the Following Eligibility Criteria:
- Have an inherited bleeding disorder, have a spouse with an inherited bleeding disorder, or be the parent/caregiver of a child with an inherited bleeding disorder.
- Live in Virginia and/or location of primary bleeding disorder treatment i.e. Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC), hematologist, etc. is in Virginia.
- Have at least one adult (21 years of age or older) attending the event.
By Monday, August 13th you will receive an e-mail indicating either that you have been offered a spot OR that you have been placed on the waiting list. You will have until 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 15th in which to respond to the email. If you do not respond, your spot will be offered to someone else and you will be put on the waiting list.