- This event has passed.
2017 Family Retreat Weekend at Great Wolf Lodge
September 23 - September 24
Join your community for this overnight weekend event filled with education, support, and fun for the whole family! This weekend is open to families affected by inherited bleeding disorders.Overnight accommodations are provided and entrance to the water park is included in your stay. There is no fee to attend.
Lottery Drawing: Due to the popularity of this program, registration for this event will no longer be on a first come first served basis. We will now manage registration using a lottery drawing.
To Enter the Drawing:
- You must meet ALL of the eligibility criteria (see below)
- Complete your registration online by 5:00 pm, August 11th
After You Enter the Drawing: The lottery drawing will take place on August 14th. By August 16th you will receive an e-mail indicating either that you have “won” a spot OR that you have been placed on the waiting list. You will have until 5:00 pm on August 18th in which to respond to the email. If you do not respond, your spot will be offered to someone else and you will be put on the waiting list.
Eligibility Criteria All MUST Apply:
- Live in Virginia
- Have an inherited bleeding disorder, have a spouse with an inherited bleeding disorder, or be the parent/caregiver of a child with an inherited bleeding disorder
- Have at least one child under the age of 18 that lives in the household and will be attending
- Have at least one adult (21 years of age or older) attending the event
VHF reserves the right to determine one’s place/number on the RSVP list by using our Program Guidelines, you can find them here.
- Highlights Include:
Access the water park as early as 1:00 pm on Saturday and all day Sunday.
- There will be an educational program and dinner starting at 4:00 pm on Saturday and an educational breakfast at 8:00 am on Sunday. Attendance is required at both.